Nominations open through February 17, 2019
The SRS is currently accepting nominations for service on the Board of Directors in the capacity of President-Elect (term ending June, 2023) and three Director-at-Large positions (terms ending June, 2022). All members, including international members, are encouraged to nominate themselves or another SRS member.
Essential characteristics of an SRS Board Member (We appreciate that some of these are hard to quantify)
- Is a strategic, diverse, and creative thinker
- Has demonstrated wisdom
- A perceived leader or potential leader
- Effective communicator, willing to collaborate and compromise, not overly dogmatic
- Is committed to the Society and its mission, has time to commit to their role on the Board, and is responsive and timely
- Knowledgeable about the society and the field, broadly speaking; willing to learn, where knowledge gaps exist
- Is engaged in sleep and/or circadian research and/or training and is committed to the advancement of the field as a whole
- Willing to understand the legal responsibilities of the board and society
Interested candidates are reminded to consider the time commitment associated with the positions, which generally includes conference calls and four face-to-face meetings that may require weekend travel. A description of duties, responsibilities and terms of office are contained in the SRS Bylaws. Candidates should carefully review the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy.
For more information, visit the Nominations Procedure page, contact SRS Staff or any SRS Board Member.
Individuals interested in serving any of these positions must submit the required materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM CST, February 17, 2019.
Individuals interested in nominating another individual must submit the required materials via email to email@example.com no later than 11:59 PM CST, February 10, 2019 so that the nominee can be notified by staff of his/her nomination.