SRS Dependent Care and Accessibility Scholarship
The SRS recognizes that many of its members have caretaking responsibilities at home, limiting access to attend professional conferences and events. These responsibilities may include care for young children, an ill or disabled spouse, an aging parent, or other situations the SRS may not be aware of. Members who have a disability who may require additional assistance when traveling also qualify. With the goals of improving equity in access, maintaining and engaging the SRS pipeline, increasing diversity, as well as maximizing membership value, the SRS invites members who meet the eligibility requirements of the Dependent Care and Accessibility Scholarship to apply.
Application Deadline for SLEEP 2024: Sunday, March 3, 2024 at 11:59 pm (CT)
- Dependent care expenses (incurred at home or in the annual meeting city)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver and/or dependent(s) to the annual meeting city
- Travel of a relative or caregiver to the recipient’s home to care for a dependent(s)
- Travel of the recipient’s dependent(s) to the location of a relative or caregiver
- Increased travel or lodging expenses related to a recipient’s disability
- Dependent care expenses at home that would normally be incurred (after school care, ongoing dependent care)
- Meeting registration, meeting courses or other paid meeting events
Awards will be in the form of reimbursement following submission of receipts after the annual meeting. The number of awards and the amount for each award will depend on the total number of applications received and available funding.
Please note: Priority will be given to those who have not received the scholarship in previous years.
Questions? Contact the SRS Coordinator at email@example.com.