Sleep Research Network
The Sleep Research Network Task Force is a sub-group within the Sleep Research Society. The Task Force is focused on working toward sustainable multi-institutional collaborations in sleep and circadian research. Comprised of an evolving group of researchers, they are currently led by Dr. Diego Mazzotti as the Chair, and Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne as the Vice-Chair. This group encompasses researchers from institutions across the nation, such as the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Kansas, Stanford School of Medicine, Harvard School of Medicine, University of Arizona, and more.
The SRN is currently working on developing a clinical trials network to assist researchers in establishing multi-site studies. To this end, the SRN is currently identifying and partnering with various sites to support data harmonization. We have developed a survey to query these sites and are in the process of communicating and compiling responses. By partnering with these networks, the SRN can connect investigators with resources and infrastructure that will ease their development of research studies. The group is also in the process of putting together a workshop to discuss developing multi-site studies and foster connections between researchers in the sleep community.
Projects and Activities
The SRS Sleep Research Network (SRN) Task Force aims to promote sustainable multi-institutional collaborations in sleep and circadian The SRN facilitates identification of resources and infrastructure to support investigators as they collaborate on the creation and implementation of multidisciplinary projects in core areas such as genetics, longitudinal cohort studies, and clinical/pragmatic clinical trials. Training the next generation of sleep and circadian investigators is integral to SRS mission.
- 2023-2026 Chair: Diego Mazzotti, PhD – University of Kansas Medical Center
- 2023-2026 Vice-Chair: Nalaka Gooneratne, MD – University of Pennsylvania
- SRS Board Liaison: Daniel Buysse, MD – University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- SRS Executive Director: John Noel – Sleep Research Society
- Eilis Boudreau, MD, PhD – Portland VA Medical Center and Oregon Health & Science University
- Clete Kushida, MD, PhD – Stanford Sleep Medicine Center
- Rachel Manber, PhD – Stanford School of Medicine
- Reena Mehra, MD – Case Western Reserve University
- Janet M. Mullington, PhD – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Sairam Parthasarathy, MD – University of Arizona Health Sciences
- Shaun Purcell, PhD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Susan Redline, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Ariel Williamson, PhD – University of Oregon
- Megan Gertz, Coordinator – Sleep Research Society
For questions, comments or concerns regarding advocacy efforts, please contact SRS Coordinator at email@example.com.