SRS NIH Grant Reviewer Training Program
The SRS invites individuals to apply to participate in the 2024 NIH Grant Reviewer Training Program. Designed to develop a pool of trained Early Career Investigators (ECIs) to review NIH, other federal, and foundation applications. Participants will complete the program with the knowledge to participate in an NIH peer-review process and improved grant writing skills.
The application cycle for the 2024 program is closed.
- ECIs at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level
- Individuals from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply
- Evidence of an existing program of research
- Career goals include a substantial commitment to original investigation
- Peer-reviewed, scientific publications of original research
- Prior research funding as principal or co-investigator. This may include foundation or federal funding, for either career development or research project grants. Pilot funding from the ECI’s institution may be considered adequate prior funding.
- Formal application (linked above), including bio sketch, statement of prior review experience, 100-250 word statement of interest.
Participants are required to attend each session. Only those who can commit to all 5 dates will be accepted.