The SRS will be accepting nominations for service on the Board of Directors in the capacity of Secretary/Treasurer (term ending June, 2021), three Director-at-Large positions (terms ending June, 2021) and a Conflict of Interest Committee Member at Large. All members, including international members, are encouraged to nominate themselves or another SRS member.
Essential characteristics of an SRS Board Member (We appreciate that some of these are hard to quantify)
- Is a strategic, diverse, and creative thinker
- Has demonstrated wisdom
- A perceived leader or potential leader
- Effective communicator, willing to collaborate and compromise, not overly dogmatic
- Is committed to the Society and its mission, has time to commit to their role on the Board, and is responsive and timely
- Knowledgeable about the society and the field, broadly speaking; willing to learn, where knowledge gaps exist
- Is engaged in sleep and/or circadian research and/or training and is committed to the advancement of the field as a whole
- Willing to understand the legal responsibilities of the board and society
Interested candidates are reminded to consider the time commitment associated with the positions, which generally includes conference calls and four face-to-face meetings that may require weekend travel. A description of duties, responsibilities and terms of office are contained in the SRS Bylaws. Candidates should carefully review the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy.