Participate in this one-and-a-half-day event to learn about pharmaceutical and device innovations, advancements, and regulatory issues related to sleep, circadian rhythms, and disorders associated with daytime sleepiness and disturbed sleep.
The event faculty is comprised of world-renowned investigators, key opinion leaders from industry, and regulatory representatives from the Food and Drug Administration. The event will include both didactic lectures and panel discussions to foster an engaging environment. Numerous collaboration and networking opportunities for all attendees have been built into the event’s agenda. All registration and ticket proceeds for the event will be awarded to the Sleep Research Society Foundation to enhance their early-career investigator program, ensuring the best and brightest minds have available funding to launch their careers in the field of sleep and circadian research.
Download the brochure.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Educate all participants on recent advancements and innovations in sleep and circadian research.
- Provide a forum to discuss regulatory processes and challenges in advancing technologies and treatments to market.
- Offer a non-commercial environment which sleep and circadian researchers, industry representatives, and regulators can collaborate.
Date and Location
- Thursday, October 11th, at 7:00 AM to Friday, October 12th at 12:45 PM.
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in Alexandria, Virginia
- Address: 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311
- Phone: (703) 845-1010
Nearby Airport Information
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: Approximately 7 miles away from Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.
- Washington Dulles International Airport: Approximately 30 miles away from Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.
- Baltimore/Washington International: Approximately 40 miles away from Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.
Registration includes all scientific sessions and panels, breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch, and an evening reception. Tickets will be available for purchase until the day of the meeting. Early-bird registration will be at a discounted rate of $1,500 ($1,431.36 + $68.64 processing fee) and will end on September 21, 2018. After September 21, the regular rate will be $2,000 ($1,916.80 + $83.20 processing fee). If you chose not to purchase your ticket(s) online, on-site registration will be available on October 11th, 2018 from 6:30 AM-8:00 AM.
Please note that your ticket purchase does not include a room at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center. The reserved room block is now closed. Contact the hotel directly to make a reservation.
You must contact us no later than September 30th, 2018, to cancel your registration for Sleep and Circadian Research: New Developments and Regulatory Issues. For cancellations made by September 30th, 2018, your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations made after September 30th, 2018.
Basic Control of Sleep/Wake and Rhythms
New Sleep/Wake Drug Targets
Non-Laboratory Based Sleep/Wake Measures in Drug Development Panel
Sonia Ancoli-Israel l Janna Mantua | Amy LeVelle
The Role of Sleep and Its Disorders; Cognitive Impairment in Alzheimer’s
New Pharmaceutical Targets for Sleep Apnea
Update on Sleep Apnea Device Therapy
Sleep Apnea Panel Discussion
Atul Malhotra | Patrick Strollo | Richard Horner | Amy LeVelle
Circadian Rhythm Pathophysiology and Disorders
Circadian Rhythm Panel Discussion Charles Czeisler
Kenneth Wright | Phyllis Zee | Amy LeVelle
New Developments: Insomnia Pathophysiology and Therapeutics
Apps and Devices to Treat Insomnia Jack Edinger
Insomnia Regulatory Session
Insomnia Panel Discussion
Andrew Krystal | Thomas Roth | Tiffany Farchione
Hypersomnia and Disorders of Daytime Sleepiness: Current Landscape
and New Therapeutics
Regulatory Issues – Disorders of Daytime Sleepiness
Disorders of Daytime Sleepiness Panel Discussion
Emmanuel Mignot | Thomas Roth | Phyllis Zee | Tiffany Farchione
Jeff Borchardt – Sleep Research Society Foundation
2510 N. Frontage Road
Darien, Illinois 60561