SRS Leadership Election
Online balloting will open Monday, March 20, 2023 and close Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM CT. Regular and Emeritus members are eligible to vote.
2023 Leadership Election
In January 2023, the SRS sent a call to all eligible members requesting nominations for the positions of President-Elect and Director-at-Large. The Nominations Committee evaluated the credentials of the candidates that responded to the call and recommended a slate of candidates, which was approved by the Board of Directors.
The candidates on the 2023 ballot have the following characteristics:
- Is a strategic, diverse, and creative thinker
- Has demonstrated wisdom
- A perceived leader or potential leader
- Effective communicator, willing to collaborate and compromise, not overly dogmatic
- Is committed to the Society and its mission, has time to commit to their role on the Board, and is responsive and timely
- Knowledgeable about the society and the field, broadly speaking; willing to learn, where knowledge gaps exist
- Is engaged in sleep and/or circadian research and/or training and is committed to the advancement of the field as a whole
- Willing to understand the legal responsibilities of the board and society
Letters of Intent for each candidate are available below:
Director-at-Large Candidates – Two positions available