Advances in Sleep and Circadian Science Poster Abstract Guidelines
Advances in Sleep and Circadian Science (ASCS) is being held February 1st-4th, 2019 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Call for Poster Abstracts is now open and all Sleep Research Society (SRS) and Society for Research on Biological Rhythms (SRBR) members are encouraged to submit abstracts describing their research of interest for a poster presentation at the ASCS 2019 Poster Session. Submitted abstracts for poster presentations will undergo a review by the Sleep Research Society Scientific Offerings Committee. Acceptance of abstracts will be based on scientific merit and originality.
Poster Abstract Submissions Deadline: October 29, 2018
Notifications of Acceptance to Poster Abstract submitters sent: December 3, 2018
Acceptance from Poster Abstract submitters due: December 17, 2018
Early Bird registration for ASCS ends: January 4, 2019
- At least one author of an accepted poster must attend the ASCS 2019 meeting to present the poster. ASCS is unable to cover attendees’ expenses or waive registration fees for presenters.
- Authors are encouraged to submit only one poster abstract as presenting author.
- Content must be original. If content will be published or presented elsewhere prior to February 1, 2019, you must provide an explanation of what will be published or presented.
Poster Abstract Entry
- All submissions must be in English.
- Poster abstracts are only accepted through the submission form conforming to the following outline:
- Authors and Institutions
- Spell out completely the names of all authors using full first and last names
- It is not acceptable to state that “The results will be discussed”, inclusion of specific data is necessary for reviewers.
- To the extent possible and in keeping with the integrative theme of the meeting, please indicate how your study reflects on interactions between sleep and circadian systems.
- Support (optional)
- Support is not required on abstracts that did not use extramural support for the project.
- Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the abstract body.
- Abstracts must not exceed 500 words.
- It is recommended that you draft the abstract in a document and then paste it into the submission form.
Conflict of Interest
- Potential conflicts of interest for each author must be stated (if there are none, please state “there are no potential conflicts of interest”).
- By submitting a research abstract, all authors attest that the abstract submitted has not been previously published elsewhere and transfers, assigns, or otherwise conveys all copyright ownership, including all rights incidental thereto, exclusively to the Sleep Research Society.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Poster area dimensions are limited to 4 ft (122 cm) wide x 4 ft (122 cm) tall. Posters will be assigned to a designated time slot and location during which authors are asked to be present at their poster.
- Material to affix your poster to the display boards will be made available to you.
- Poster text must be readable to a person standing 1 meter away.
- All figures should have captions.
- Poster numbers will be provided and will be available on your poster board.
- Conference attendees will view posters during breaks and dedicated poster viewing times.
- Presenting authors must be at their posters during dedicated poster viewing times but not during breaks.