Advances in Sleep and Circadian Science Poster Abstract Guidelines
Advances in Sleep and Circadian Science (ASCS) is being held February 17-20, 2023 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Call for Late Breaking Poster Abstracts is now open and all Sleep Research Society (SRS) members are encouraged to submit abstracts describing their research of interest for a poster presentation at the ASCS 2023 Poster Session. Submitted abstracts for poster presentations will undergo a review by the Sleep Research Society Scientific Offerings Committee. Acceptance of abstracts will be based on scientific merit and originality.
Late Breaking Poster Abstract Submissions Deadline: December 20, 2022
Notifications of Acceptance to Late Breaking Poster Abstract submitters sent: January 7, 2023
Acceptance from Late Breaking Poster Abstract submitters due: January 15, 2023
Early Bird registration for ASCS ends: December 21, 2022
Regular registration for ASCS closes: January 8, 2023
- At least one author of an accepted poster must attend the ASCS 2023 meeting to present the poster. ASCS is unable to cover attendees’ expenses or waive registration fees for presenters.
- Authors are encouraged to submit only one poster abstract as presenting author.
- Content must be original. If content will be published or presented elsewhere prior to February 17, 2023, you must provide an explanation of what will be published or presented.
Poster Abstract Entry
- All submissions must be in English.
- Poster abstracts are only accepted through the submission form conforming to the following outline:
- Authors and Institutions
- Spell out completely the names of all authors using full first and last names
- It is not acceptable to state that “The results will be discussed”, inclusion of specific data is necessary for reviewers.
- To the extent possible and in keeping with the integrative theme of the meeting, please indicate how your study reflects on interactions between sleep and circadian systems.
- Support (optional)
- Support is not required on abstracts that did not use extramural support for the project.
- Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the abstract body.
- Abstracts must not exceed 500 words.
- It is recommended that you draft the abstract in a document and then paste it into the submission form.
Conflict of Interest
- Potential conflicts of interest for each author must be stated (if there are none, please state “there are no potential conflicts of interest”).
- By submitting a research abstract, all authors attest that the abstract submitted has not been previously published elsewhere and transfers, assigns, or otherwise conveys all copyright ownership, including all rights incidental thereto, exclusively to the Sleep Research Society.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Poster area dimensions are limited to 4 ft (122 cm) wide x 4 ft (122 cm) tall. Posters will be assigned to a designated time slot and location during which authors are asked to be present at their poster.
- Material to affix your poster to the display boards will be made available to you.
- Poster text must be readable to a person standing 1 meter away.
- All figures should have captions.
- Poster numbers will be provided and will be available on your poster board.
- Conference attendees will view posters during breaks and dedicated poster viewing times.
- Presenting authors must be at their posters during dedicated poster viewing times but not during breaks.