Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at using the information set forth below in Section 15.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to EU supervisory authorities for data protection issues (https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach such authorities so please contact us in the first instance.
Types of Information Collected and Stored
Personal Information Summary
When you engage in activities such as sign up to become a member of SRS, receive a SRS publication, make donations to SRS, shop on our website, sign up for SRS-sponsored events, or otherwise use the SRS website, SRS may gather your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”).
Your Personal Information may generally include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, birthdate, electronic signature, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, mobile device identifiers, geo-location, or any other personally identifying data collected from you by SRS or its authorized agents.
Specific types of data we collect about you.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
When you use the SRS website to shop or to make donations to SRS, SRS utilizes third-party payment processors as its agents (“Payment Agents”) to process your payment and provide payment verification to SRS concerning your payment. SRS and its Payment Agents utilize systems whereby we substitute a proxy set of identifying information for your real financial information. Our Payment Agents, which do handle your credit cards and other payment information, are PCI Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”) compliant. SRS does not collect or store your credit card numbers or other similar financially-related Personal Information and it isn’t exposed more than necessary. For more information about PCI DSS please visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/about_us/.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of SRS products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile Data includes your SRS donations, SRS purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses where applicable.
Usage Data includes information about how you use the SRS website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Aggregated Data / Analytics Information
- Device and network specific information, such as your unique device identifier, operating system and version, the browser you use, your Internet service provider (ISP), and your IP address.
- Non-personal information, such as language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone.
- SRS website visit information, such as the domain from which you came to our website or referring links, and details of how you use our website, including but not limited to what webpages you visit on the SRS website, as well as downloads, purchases, and orders during the duration of your visit. At times we will track user behavior over time during interactions with the site in order to pursue legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting technical user issues with site services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Cookies and Browser “Do Not Track” Notice
- Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- SRS may employ third party data analytics firms to track and analyze traffic on the SRS website, to analyze visitor trends, to determine advertising effectiveness, browser types and usage trends, and to present targeted ads based on anonymous information collected through tracking. SRS’ third-party analytics firms, as described in this section, do not receive your Personal Information.
- Third parties that may advertise on SRS websites may have content embedded that sets cookies on a visitor’s browser and/or tracks visitor information that a web browser visited a specific SRS website. Such information may contain a visitor’s IP address. Third parties may not collect identifying Personal Information from the SRS website unless you provide it to such third parties.
Keeping Information Updated
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Security of Personal Information
SRS takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. When your Personal Information is stored by SRS, we use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, data transmission over public networks cannot be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. While SRS will use all reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, SRS cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions of such Personal Information, and you use the SRS website at your own risk. If you suspect your Personal Information has been compromised, please notify SRS Customer Service using the contact information provided below.
How we Collect Your Personal Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through the following methods.
1. Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our products or services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
2. Automated technologies or interactions:
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
3. Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Advertising networks based inside OR outside the EU; and
- Search information providers based inside OR outside the EU.
4. Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside OR outside the EU.
5. Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based inside OR outside the EU.
6. Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
How SRS Uses and Shares Your Information
General Information and Your Rights
SRS limits its use of your Personal Information to the stated purposes for which such information is collected. In some cases, SRS may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. You have the right to the following regarding your Personal Information transferred to SRS:
- To know the types of Personal Information SRS collects;
- To know the purposes for which it collects and uses your Personal Information;
- To know type or identity of third parties to which SRS discloses your Personal Information, and the purposes for which it does so;
- To access and update your Personal Information; and
- To know the choices and means SRS offers you for limiting the use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
Other SRS Services
SRS may use your Personal Information to provide services to you upon your request. Such services may include sending you newsletters and publications, responding to your questions and comments, communicating with you concerning your purchases on the SRS website, emailing you updates concerning SRS products and services, and personalizing your visits to SRS website.
You may opt-out of the use of your Personal Information as described in this Section by contacting SRS Customer Service using the contact information provided below.
SRS Internal Data Sharing
SRS may also share your Personal Information with other SRS offices or SRS subsidiaries in the country in which you reside and in other countries.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
- SRS may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
- SRS may share email information with third parties who provide a pay-per-use list rental service in order to allow third parties to provide mailed content to other SRS’ members.
Other Possible Disclosures
In addition to the other disclosures stated herein, SRS may share your information in the following ways:
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government enforced orders,
- To enforce applicable terms of service, protect our legal rights or defend against legal claims,
- To defend, prevent, take action, and otherwise address security or technical issues, as well as suspected or potential fraud,
- To guard against harm (whether actual or potential) to the legal rights, property or safety of SRS, our visitors or the general public as required or permitted by law.
We share your personal data within SRS. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
SRS Purposes in Using Personal Information
We have set out below, in a table format, a summary of the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.