A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the Behavior Activity Sleep and Education (BASE) laboratory at University of California, Irvine under the direction of Dr. Ariel Neikrug. Our lab studies non-pharmacological, behavioral, lifestyle and educational interventions to improve behavioral health and health outcomes. Our current studies include:
- Training New Trainers (TNT): this is a large educational program designed to improve psychiatric and sleep knowledge in primary care providers. Our team is evaluating program development as well as assessment of educational intervention effects on bias and burnout. This project includes assessment of practice parameters for those physicians completing this educational program.
- Interacting mechanisms of Sleep and Enduring Exercise in Pediatrics (iSLEEP): this is a large NIH-funded R01 evaluating the interaction effects of sleep and exercise in children and adolescents. In this project we are evaluating participants for their activity and sleep patterns with overnight sleep evaluation (using high density EEG) before and after 12 weeks of active exercise intervention.
- Behavioral Rhythms and Sleep Therapy (BeRST): this is a Treatment Development Award from the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) that is evaluating treatment feasibility of CBT-I along with bright light therapy in older adults. In this trial we are improving sleep and circadian rhythms and evaluating treatment effects on biomarkers of Alzheimer’s.
- Behavioral Rhythms in Narcolepsy: This is a pilot study granted by Wake Up Narcolepsy and designed to characterized the behavioral rhythms of narcolepsy patients.
We are looking for a postdoctoral research fellow from diverse backgrounds including medicine, psychology, neuroscience, education, and public health. As a Research Fellow in our laboratory, you will work independently and in close cooperation and consultation with the Principal Investigators and other Research Scientist(s). Daily tasks will include involvement in study procedures throughout different sleep and education research projects. Additionally, the Fellows are encouraged to develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols to further the laboratories skills and methods. Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary and highly collaborative team working to develop behavioral and cognitive skills to yield improved health in our communities.
To apply: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07533
Applicants should complete the online application profile and upload the needed materials including:
- Curriculum Vitae showing a proven track record of successful dissemination or original research.
- Contact information for 3 references
- Research Statement – Describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the BASE laboratory.
Requirements: PhD and an active interest in our work.
Salary Information: Salary will be based on University of California guidelines for the Postdoctoral scholars and is commensurate with experience.
The position is fully funded by our grants.
To learn more about the position, feel free to email P.I. (Dr. Ariel Neikrug) directly at email@example.com