Post-doctoral Fellowship in Division of Sleep Medicine- Harvard Medical School
The Division of Sleep Medicine at Harvard Medical School is currently accepting applications for a one to three-year post-doctoral fellowship. The post-doctoral Fellow will engage in clinical trials and implementation research of behavioral interventions for sleep disorders, with a specific focus on health equity and relevant sleep epidemiologic research. Specific projects will apply qualitative and quantitative methodology, ranging from user testing and benefits evaluations to large-scale clinical trials. The Fellow will work with a multidisciplinary team in the Program in Sleep Medicine Epidemiology, Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA.
We are seeking highly motivated applicants with experience and interest in the following areas:
- Behavioral interventions
- Clinical Trials experience
- Qualitative research
- Health disparities/equity
Qualifications: We seek talented individuals with ambitions to advance their careers by capitalizing on involvement in translational research focused on behavioral sleep interventions, particularly for health disparate populations.
- MD, PhD, or related health science research degree required
- Experience with human research required
- Experience conducting qualitative interviews and data analyses preferred
- Strong organizational skills, such as the ability to manage complex projects, including stakeholder management
- Flexible, creative thinker
- A team player
Role Involves: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience and expand their professional skills through collaboration with investigators from a range of disciplines, including sleep medicine, behavioral health, implementation science, and health care disparities. Opportunities for professional development potentially include publications, presentations at scientific conferences, involvement in grant writing, career development, and formal training in the Harvard T32 Sleep Medicine Fellowship. Fellows will be expected to:
- Collaborate and lead aspects of behavioral sleep medicine clinical trials among health disparate groups
- Develop and perform qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Engage with patients with sleep disorders as well as key relevant stakeholders
- Implement effective behavioral interventions for patients with sleep disorders
- Attend weekly post-doctoral trainee meetings and presentations
- Write academic papers for publication
Salary and fringe benefits commensurate with experience will be provided in compliance with approved NIH standards.
Interested candidates should send a personal statement with research interest, three potential references and Curriculum Vitae to Dr. Suzanne Bertisch (email@example.com) and Dr. Susan Redline (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mass General Brigham and the Department of Medicine are committed to ensuring our diverse community feels welcome, cared for, and valued. Candidates with experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and patients who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas.